In addition to the lovely gift that Ian made for Daddy, there was one other special thing he did for Father's Day. Jeff wanted to go for dim sum in Flushing, so we were meeting friends there at noon. Ian had his class at the Little Gym and then we were going to go straight there to get there a little early to get groceries. Jeff took Ian to class and I was home with Lia getting things ready. To keep Lia entertained, I gave her a black liquid eyeliner to play with. She likes to play with tubes and pens, but she never opens them. When Ian and Jeff got home, Ian had to inside for a potty break and to change to short sleeves (it was a bit muggy), but we got in the car with relatively little delay. Lia got tired of playing with the eyeliner and dropped it on the seat. Ian wanted it, of course, because these days he wants anything Lia has. We set off for Flushing and everything was going along smoothly. At some point, I think it was Jeff who looked back at the kids and yelled in horror. I looked and both of Ian's arms were covered in black ink. He had taken the eyeliner and drawn all over himself -- including his shirt AND his pants! AAAAAAAHHHHH! Well, I suppose he takes after his mother. When I was a little younger than he is now, I spent the day with my aunts (we were all living in Queens). I guess I wanted to imitate them and decided that a black magic marker would be a perfect substitute for eyeliner and brow pencil and a red magic marker could double as both blush and lipstick. My horrified aunts found me with red and black marker all over my face just before my mom came to pick me up. So I suppose it could have been worse. Ian used my eyeliner as a marker, whereas I used marker as eyeliner. Eyeliner is MUCH more washable. We wound up not washing him until we got home, so I had to take some pictures to memorialize the artwork:
That last picture of him holding up his hands is when he innocently told me "But there is nothing on my hands! I didn't draw on my hands!"
1 comment:
Uh . . . can you say, "rockstar?" The kid's a total rockstar with those sweet tats on his arm. Looks better than most of the stuff I've seen!
Post a Comment