Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ian's art

Ian has really honed his drawing skills. He still loves to draw and every picture manages to have a dinosaur in it, it seems. Ian is also writing on his pictures and his written vocabulary is expanding every day. Earlier this month, he and Jeff were drawing together and Jeff drew this picture:
From 2009-06-01 Artwork by Jeff and Ian


About a day or two later, I found this picture and thought that either Jeff drew it or Ian had taken Jeff's drawing and expanded on it:


But it was all drawn by Ian! He just took Jeff's concept and ran with it. Teacher Sarah was really impressed, particularly by the roots of the tree. Ever since that day, Ian has been drawing his trees with roots. And yes, I believe those are dinosaurs and sharks poking their heads down from the sky. And yes, he also wrote "Ian loves Anna". He was going through an Anna phase at the time (she's one of his classmates).

Ian also loves to write and has been copying everything he can. The week we were transitioning Lia off the bottle, I put a Post-It on the front door to remind us to bring in milk for her. Ian saw the Post-It and could read most of the words and asked me to help him read the ones he didn't know. Then he asked me for a Post-It. I gave it to him and later when I walked by the front door, this is what I saw:

No comments: