Last night's bathtime conversation as I'm toweling him off ("Mommy, I will get out of the bath and get all dried, then put on lotion, then go to my room and put on my pajamas, then brush my teeth and then we will read only one book because I played in the water, then I will go to sleep!"):
Ian: "Mommy, do you know how to sing Bon Jovi?"
Me: "I'm sorry, what?"
Ian: "Do you know how to sing BON JOVI?"
Me: "Um, do you???"
Ian: "Shot through the heart!"
Me: "Who taught you to sing that?"
Ian: "Tiffany!"
Me: "Little Tiffany or your teacher?"
Ian: "Miss Tiffany!"
(Jeff comes in the bathroom.)
Me: "Ian, why don't you ask Daddy?"
Ian (in his silly voice): "Daddy, can you sing Bon Jovi?"
Jeff: "What? Can I pad a pony?"
Ian: "Can you sing BON JOVI?"
Jeff: "Ooooh, you're half-way there, oh-oh, livin' on a prayer!"
(ROCK IT, DADDY!)
Ian: "Shot through the heart!"
Jeff: "And you're to blame. You give love a bad name!"*
*Who knew that I married a Bon Jovi fan?
[EDITOR'S NOTE, 10/14/08: Apparently, little Justin who always cries for his mommy is a big Bon Jovi fan. Roslyn said that Justin will be bawling, "I want my mommy!" and without missing a beat he follows it up immediately with "Shot through the heart!" And when Roslyn tried to sing "Livin' on a Prayer", Justin told her, "My daddy sings it better." He sparked the Bon Jovi revival at school and now the teachers have dusted off their Bon Jovi CDs and all the kids are singing their songs.]
No comments:
Post a Comment