Friday, October 10, 2008

Little charmer

Ian knows how to work it. I have lost my patience with him more than once in the past couple of weeks and one night he was being difficult again and I had to yell at him. Then I got him into the bathroom to brush his teeth and I told him to whisper so we wouldn't wake Mei Mei up. He turned and whispered something that I couldn't catch. I asked him to repeat it and he whispered, "But Mommy, if I whisper, I can't tell you I'm sorry." So I had to let him speak in his normal voice so he could apologize for not listening to me.

Yesterday, he pulled the same thing on his teacher Gina. Gina told me, "I'm in love with your son." Gina was trying to wrestle the kids down for their naps and Ian was really demanding her attention. Two of the younger boys were crying and whining and Gina was getting frazzled. Ian was playing rough and not listening to her and she finally got exasperated and said, "IAN! Please! Let me put Justin and Davy to sleep and I'll come back, I promise!" She got the other boys down and went back to Ian, he had that teary look he gets when he knows he's been bad and he said something very quietly. She asked him to speak up and he said very softly, "Gina, I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. I love you." And he gave her a hug. Gina said she started crying (Gina can get very emotional).

Ian knows exactly which buttons to push!

And here are some pictures of Ian practicing good grooming techniques:
From 2008-10-05 Ian & Lia and their hair


So handsome!

No comments: