We went to the zoo again on Sunday for Father's Day (more on that later and a belated Father's Day to all the dads) and all week Ian has asked me on the way home, "Yao4 bu2 yao4 qu4 dong4 wu4 yuan2?" ("Want to go to the zoo?") This is the way he asks for things. He rarely says "I want". He phrases it as either "You need" or "You want". The good thing about Ian is he's pretty reasonable. I tell him that it's getting dark and the animals are eating dinner and then they have to go to bed, so we can't go. He accepts it and doesn't ask after that.
When we were in California, he asked me, "You need to watch Elmo?" Which meant that he wanted to watch Elmo. It just cracked me up. I tease him when he asks me these questions. Like when he asks me "Yao4 bu2 yao4 nai-nai?" ("You want milk?") I'll say no and then he asks again and I say no and he asks again, so I finally say, "No, do you want it?" And he answers, "Yah!"
Yesterday on the way home he said, "I wanna go see Daddy." So I said ok. Then he said, "Wai Gong zou3 le." ("Wai Gong has left.") :(
No comments:
Post a Comment