Greetings from Munich! I left on Saturday evening and arrived here Sunday morning. This will be my longest (and farthest) trip to date away from Ian. Jeff told him that Mommy was leaving, so he seemed extra clingy on Saturday and refused to nap.
Here's an email I got from Jeff yesterday about what the boys did on Sunday:
"We spent the whole day with Tia and Dennis. This morning, Ian picked out the red socks and was able to put them on all by himself. (OK, one was on backwards but I didn't want to take away from his accomplishment so I left it that way.). We stopped at Tia & Dennis' first for a brunch of arepas and strawberries but Ian didn't eat much until Tio Dennis offered him some nuggets which he snarfed down. Then we walked to Central Park with plan of going to the zoo, but Ian fell asleep in the stroller so we ended up hanging out at the park and had some ice cream until Ian woke up an hour and a half later. By this time, Tia was tired so she went home & the boys went to the zoo. We saw sea lions, penguins, polar bears, seals, monkeys, turtles and red pandas! We also saw them feed the sea lions which was cool. Ian's favorite part was the penguins because he could really see them up close as some even swam up the glass and stopped in front of him and looked at him. Ian didn't want to leave but I don't think Mommy would have liked it too much because it was stinky in there (somehow the smell of fish and penguin poo still gets through). Then we went back to the apartment and had pizza for dinner. We're about to head home for our bedtime routine. We miss you, Mommy!"
And them I got this IM from Jeff a few minutes ago:
"Jenn called a while ago because he was walking around the room pretending to call mommy on the phone when he tripped over the chair and bumped his head. He was crying for mommy but Jenn said he's okay now. I think he really misses you this time."
It sucks to be away from home! But I'll be home Wednesday afternoon -- hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment