Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Sorry for the lack of post yesterday (a belated happy 37th anniversary to Mom & Ba!), but I ate some bad eggs in the morning and by the afternoon I was nauseous and very sleepy. I fell asleep at my desk twice. I felt good enough to go pick up Ian, but on the train I started to really feel sick. I barely made it off the train and had to take a couple of breaks to just close my eyes for a few minutes. I finally got into the car (and Ian into his car seat) and I leaned my seat back and closed my eyes for a while. I don't know how long it was, but Ian was sitting perfectly quiet in the back seat. He didn't fuss when I put him in the car and sometimes he fights me when I put him in (like tonight). I felt better after a while and started to head out of the parking a garage, but a couple of turns in the garage made me nauseous again, so I had to pull into a parking space and close my eyes again. This time, after a few minutes, I think Ian got worried, because he whimpered a little. I looked at him and said, "It's ok" and he stopped. I was finally able to drive again and we made it all the way home. I went to take him out of his seat and that's when I lost it. Sorry to be graphic, but I really, really lost it. But the up side was that I felt a million times better and was able to function the rest of the night. I did have moments of queasiness, but nothing too bad. I went to bed right after I put Ian down, so I got in a few hours of sleep before he woke up around 12:15. He went right back to sleep after half a bottle and slept through until 7:30! Maybe he sensed that I just wasn't up to waking up at 6:00 again.

He was a really good boy on the train this morning. He had some Cheerios, some banana, read his book, played with his phone and didn't fuss much. I put his mittens on when we were almost at the station and when people started to get off, he said, "Bah bah!" and waved his mittened hand at them. Everyone was waving back or giving him a pat as they got off the train. On the way home, he seemed a bit tired, even though he napped for an hour and a half. He was also sucking his thumb and fingers, which he rarely does. I think he's either teething or in a growth spurt or both. He seems to have a general pattern of eating like crazy (which he did last week) and then not eating as much and sleeping a lot (which is this week).

The teachers played monkey in the middle with Ian today. Guess who was the monkey? They made Valentine's Day art today, so Ian had pink paint in his fingernails and on his hands and shirt. Can't wait to see what it is...

No comments: