Sunday, February 05, 2006

Andrea, Helen and Natalie came over this morning for brunch. Natalie gave Ian a mini-bagel, which he knew exactly what to do with and started munching on it. He was a little shy and kept wanting me to hold him, until he started showing them his steering wheel toy and was completely engrossed so that I could slip out and go pick up Andrea from the train station.

We went to the park and he had a great time running around, following Natalie, including wanting to climb up the big jungle gym. Here are some photos Andrea took of us on the slide and Ian on the swing: http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=ox5xj7r.7w6yxk8n&Uy=-v2i3y4&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0. Then two boys came and started to play basketball and he just toddled on over to them and started "talking" to them. If I didn't stop him, he would have walked right up to them and been bonked by a basketball. I pulled him away and then he'd head right back over. I had to grab him three times. Finally, I just put him in the stroller and let him watch the boys and he seemed happy with that.

We were watching TV and he was sitting on my lap. There was a scene where the audience claps and he looked at the TV, then started clapping.

After his bath tonight, we were sitting at the computer (he was playing with my old laptop). I started pulling up photos and you should have seen the look on his face. He was very intently looking at each picture and every now and then would have some comment. I was naming each person and when I said, "Daddy", he said, "Dah-dee" and just stared and stared. He thought the videos of himself were quite captivating.

He really is very affectionate, especially around naptime and bedtime. It's like he's telling me it's time to go to sleep. Tonight when I put him in his crib, he opened his eyes and smiled at me, then stretched out and went to sleep.

No comments: