Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I almost forgot about Ian's second parent-teacher conference last Thursday. Ian is doing very well and is advanced in all of the development areas except for speaking. Christina attributes that to the fact that he is hearing so many languages. We figured he would speak later than others because of it, but it's worth it if he can speak three languages! He understands pretty much everything, I think, especially if it has to do with food! He understands when I ask him if he wants yogurt because he gets all excited and follows me to the refrigerator. Anyway, we discussed how Ian still hadn't started to wave bye-bye and other kids had been doing it for months. Well, when I went to pick him up on Friday, Christina said, "You won't believe it even after I tell you!" Apparently, Ian spent the entire day waving bye-bye.

Today, on the way home, he was antsy sitting in the stroller, so Jeff took him out. As we were getting closer to our stop, he wanted to sit on my lap. At the stop before ours, our commuting buddies got off the train and we said good-bye. We distinctly heard "Bye bye" come out of Ian's mouth! And he kept saying it to all the strangers walking off the train. I think he has a new word in his vocabulary! And he also sort of says "Daddy", although he doesn't necessarily say it only to Jeff.

I forgot mention that he now has two more teeth -- another molar on the upper left and one next to his front teeth on the upper right. That makes a grand total of 11 teeth!

He has also been very good the last two nights, sleeping from about 8:30 or 9:00 until 7:00. We have actually woken up to our alarm clock instead of him. Of course, I feel slightly panicked when I don't hear anything and think the worst, but he's just snoring away in his crib. And the pacifier use has been restricted to just sleeping time. Sometimes he doesn't even need it at bedtime.

We started to switch him over to regular milk the weekend before last and he is now drinking half milk, half formula. Next step is to get rid of the bottles and only drink from the sippy cup. Our little boy is growing up!

No comments: