Monday, October 24, 2005

So we had a rough weekend. Ian didn't nap very well during the day on Saturday. He was so tired, but when I put him down in the crib, he popped up and started to cry. I decided to let him cry it out and he cried for an hour! So then I went in to get him and the poor guy was just sobbing. Jeff got home at around 5:30 from his trip to Morocco and Ian didn't jump up and down, but when Jeff left the room, Ian immediately started to cry. Ian tried cauliflower for the first time at dinner and really loved it. Jeff put him to bed according to our new routine, but he cried for about half an hour. When Jeff checked on him around 11:00, he had apparently pooped and it got all over the crib. The two-person hazmat team went to work disinfecting and cleaning him and the crib. Ian slept through it. Ian woke up at 3:30 am for a bottle. Argh.

On Sunday, Cindy and Dennis came over for brunch. Ian was really excited. He had bagels with us and was very happy to be sitting at the table with everyone. Here he is with Dennis and Cindy.

Then we went to a pre-Halloween party at my friend Iffat's house. We put part of Ian's costume on him, but he really hated it, probably because he was too warm. He did eat non-stop the whole afternoon - chicken nugget, broccoli, rice, then Andrea gave him Cheetos and pretzels, which I put a stop to by giving him canteloupe.

Last night he slept terribly, waking up at 11:30 pm, 2:00 am and 6:30 am. Tonight, however, he only cried one cry before settling in. I think he was just overly excited about Jeff being home (or maybe it was a slight reaction to the shots). Every time Jeff leaves the room or walks by without paying attention to him, Ian starts to cry. When I leave the room, Ian could care less.

Let's hope he's a good boy tonight!

No comments: