During the first trip, another buddy of Francis' came out for the day on Saturday and he brought his son, Hayden, who is almost a year younger than Ian, but they played really well together. Their initial meeting went like this: Hayden walked into the house and wandered back towards the bedrooms, so I asked him if he would like to see the house. He nodded and I showed him the rooms where we were sleeping. The bathroom is between the two bedrooms and the door to the bathroom was wide open and I heard Ian calling me. That's when I realized that he was in the bathroom, on the potty. So I went in to see if he needed some help and he hopped off the potty and stared behind me. I turned and Hayden was there. Ian just stood there with his swim trunks around his ankles. He and Hayden stared at each other. Then Hayden held up a plastic bag and said, "I have cars." Ian responded, "I have dinosaurs." That was that. They were fast friends after that (and after I managed to quickly pull Ian's swim trunks up).
The water was very rough, so the waves rolled up pretty far onto the beach. The two boys loved running into the water and roaring and shaking their fists at the ocean, then scurrying away as another wave came rolling in.
| From 2009-07-25 Westhampton Beach |
A couple of times, they got knocked off their feet, but the dads and Uncle Francis were there to help pick them up.
Jeff took some beautiful shots of the kids sitting on the boardwalk at sunset:
And the kids loved sitting and swinging in the hammock:
Life is good.
The second trip out, it rained a lot, but we still had a great time. This time, Ian played with Samantha, who is about 6 months younger and they loved playing on the hammock with Uncle Francis:
No comments:
Post a Comment