So two nights ago, Ian asked when he could go to sleep without a diaper on. We've been putting him in a diaper at night because there have been too many accidents. Because he wouldn't drink milk from a cup, I finally got him to do it from his sippy cup with the built-in straw, but he would only drink at dinner. He's doing much better with the milk drinking and will also now drink from a regular cup with a "crazy" straw ("Lola's is pink!" That would be the cartoon "Charlie & Lola".) Anyhow, that's been the challenge, so we gave up on the night-time underwear for a while.
When Ian asked me, I said that if he didn't make peepee in his diaper that night, then we could try underwear the next night. So last night, he reminded me and I told him he had to make sure that he got up to pee if he needed to. "Yes, let's try it and see if I go peepee. Or don't go peepee." Well, HE DID IT! Actually, for the first time ever, when I went to check on him, he wasn't in his bed at all. And usually, when he needs to go peepee in the morning, it's a big announcement and he wants one of us to go with him. I found him downstairs this morning on the couch, playing with his Lightning McQueen laptop. That's another thing that he's been really into lately. He really likes playing the math game on it, solving addition and subtraction problems. It's workable when the numbers are less than 10, but he doesn't have enough fingers for the larger numbers, so we bought him an abacus. He's sitting there right now with his laptop and abacus, figuring out problems.
No comments:
Post a Comment