Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Walk like a triceratops!"

In the past couple of weeks, a surefire way to get Ian upstairs to bed is to play "dinosaur". Ian always gets to be the T-rex and either Mommy or Daddy is the triceratops. Daddy started this game by letting the T-rex take down the triceratops and then "eat the triceratops' belly". When I started playing, I was instructed by Ian that triceratops have to walk on all fours (only the T-rex gets to walk upright). So I have to go up the stairs putting my hands down in front of me. That part's easy. It's the walking on all fours on the floor that's getting a bit tough -- sadly, we are just not as young and spry as we used to be.

Last night, once again Ian was the T-rex ("No, Mommy, you CAN'T be the T-rex. You're the triceratops!"). I had to bring my work bag upstairs and didn't feel like making a separate trip, so on the way up, I grabbed it and put it on each step in front of me as I went up the stairs. I made it up to the landing and I looked back for the T-rex. Ian was at the bottom of the stairs looking up at me with a very concerned expression. He anxiously yelled up at me, "NO, Mommy! Triceratops doesn't have a BAG! Triceratops doesn't have a bag!!! You need to put down the bag and come back downstairs and walk like a triceratops!" Jeff was already upstairs running Ian's bath and I heard him laughing from the bathroom. Needless to say, I put my bag down, went back downstairs and walked like a proper triceratops up the stairs.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hahaha.. I love that you could hear Jeff laughing at your misery.