| From 2008-08-17 Ian at the park and his artwork |
He told me that this was "a rocket with a mad face". I think what he means is a comet. Julian and Claire had given him a stack of Dora and Diego books when we were in Chicago and he wanted to read them every night, especially "Little Star". It's about a little star who gets knocked out of the sky by a comet and Dora and her friends have to help him get back home to the sky. I think Ian was trying to draw the comet that knocked Little Star out of the sky.
I thought this one was pretty impressive. He worked really long and hard on it:
| From 2008-08-17 Ian at the park and his artwork |
He is always talking about thunderclouds and storm clouds and how it might rain. He's been including a lot of rain clouds in his drawings.
When you look through the rest of the drawings, you'll see his "Cars" drawings. I do think his Sally the Porsche ("No, it's 'poor-SHA', Mommy.") looks a lot like the one in the movie. His Lightning McQueen isn't too bad either, but it's hard to see clearly in the picture. The Elmo was also quite impressive, but again, hard to see in the picture.
The school puts up the kids artwork every week and last week they all drew pictures of a dog (I think this was in preparation for the visit on Friday from a lady and her seeing eye dog). First, I saw his friend Paul's drawing with the caption "The man is walking the dog. The man's name is Hector. The dog's name is Ian." (Nobody has any idea who Hector is or where Paul got the name.) Ian's caption was "The dog is going to the house. The dog's name is Lia." Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing when kids name their imaginary dogs after their friends and siblings.
| From 2008-08-17 Ian at the park and his artwork |
No comments:
Post a Comment