We went to Chicago for the July 4th weekend and had a FANTASTIC time visiting our friends Sunhee and Laird and their kids, Julian and Claire, and spending time with the entire Wang family at Vincent and Janie's house (they kindly let us descend upon them with Sunhee, Julian and Claire as well). More on that later. I just wanted to do a quick post of a couple of things that have come out of his mouth these past few days.
We left on Friday morning and picked up bagels before heading to the airport. The bagels are piping hot on weekend mornings and we got Ian his usual mini-bagel. It was burning hot, so I held it with a napkin and had it in front of the AC vent. Ian asked for his bagel and I told him it was still hot and I was going to blow on it for him to cool it down. Then I started telling Jeff about something I had heard on the radio and was going on and on, when I hear a small voice from the back, "Mommy? Mommy?" "Yes, Ian." "Mommy, ni3 zai4 chui1 wo3 de bagel ma1?" ("Mommy, are you blowing on my bagel?") A not-so-subtle nudge from him since I couldn't possibly be blowing on his bagel if I was busy talking.
I can't do it justice here, but the way he says "Chicago" cracks me up.
This morning, he wanted to take some toys to school. He decided to take "Mr. The King", "Chick Hicks" and the front part of his red truck with him. He cleverly hooks Mr. The King's spoiler over one of his fingers so he can hold three cars at once. We got in the car and headed off to school. He announced, "Wo3 zhi3 yao4 wan2 liang3 ge4 che1 zi3. Wo3 bu2 yao4 wan2 san1 ge4 che1 zi3 yin1 wei4 wo3 mei2 you3 san1 ge4 shou3. Wo3 zhi3 you3 liang3 ge4 shou3!" ("I only want to play with two cars. I don't want to play with three cars because I don't have three hands. I only have two hands!")
No comments:
Post a Comment