Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ian knows best

Ian has been really good about Lia. He doesn't pay a lot of attention to her, but he does let me know when she's crying and never does anything to hurt her. He's at that stage when he asks why about everything ("Why you have a boo-boo, Mommy? Can I put some cream on it?" "Why is Lia crying? Maybe she needs some milk.") Last week he needed me to help him fix one of his trucks. I was holding Lia, who had just fallen asleep after eating, and I took the truck and started to fix it. "Mommy, you need to be careful not to poke Lia."

Abuelita came over on Thursday night and on Friday morning, Abuelita was holding Lia. She was going to go downstairs with both Lia and Ian and she sat down on the top step. Usually, she gives Ian a horsey ride (caballito) and Ian climbs up on her back. This time, however, Ian told her in Spanish, "No, Abuelita, you cannot give me a horsey ride while you are holding Lia."

No comments: