Wednesday, November 14, 2007

NYC Marathon

I forgot to mention that for the second year in a row, Ian went to see the running of the NYC Marathon. Jeff had work to do, so Ian and I took the train into the city, then a taxi over to the east side to Andrea & Andrew's apartment overlooking First Ave. Ian wasn't quite as into it as the year before, but he was definitely interested in the police cars and motorcades that preceded the elite runners. All the while he was munching on tortilla chips and drinking apple cider. Then, as the number of runners started increasing, he seemed a little more interested. At one point, he suddenly yelled, "Na4 ge4 ren2 mei2 you3 chuan1 yi1 fu2!" (That guy isn't wearing any clothes!) It was a pretty warm day for running and one of the runners had taken his shirt off. Ian seemed quite concerned.

Unfortunately, the battery in the camera died, so all I have is one picture:


We left around 1:00, so we could catch the train back and Ian could get in a nap. I bought him a croissant and he ate it on the train while glued to the window. He had a great time ("I ride the train and a taxi!") and we can't wait until next year!

No comments: