Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Another milestone

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend and I will post more later (with pictures), but first, just a quick announcement of Ian's most recent accomplishment.

HE POOPED IN THE POTTY! Yes, it's true. On Monday night, he was going on the potty before his bath as usual and after quite some time alone on the potty, he emerged to gleefully announce that he had peepee AND poopy! He was so ecstatic, clapping his hands and grinning from ear to ear, saying "YAAAAY!!!" And after his bath he picked an orange stegosaurus sticker, which he kept on his hand all night, woke up with it still stuck on and took it to school with him.

I will spare you any pictures of that event, but truly a big moment in our house.

Over the weekend, he tried to make peepee after his nap one day and sat for a while with no result. He said, "I have no peepee to put in the potty." The good thing about this kid is that if he doesn't make a peepee in the potty, he doesn't ask for a sticker. Such an honest boy! And on Sunday, he went peepee in the potty downstairs. Of course, I was on the phone and he comes and announces he needs to go peepee on the potty. He finished and yelled that he went peepee, but I was still on the phone. He made sure that I saw the evidence, and while I was wrapping up my call, I heard the toilet flush and he emerged. He very neatly dumped the potty contents into the toilet, shut the lid and flushed all by himself.

No comments: