Friday, October 05, 2007

Jeff and I went out to a really nice dinner last Saturday in NYC with some friends. The excuse to get together was that our friends flew in from Chicago for the weekend. We got a sitter to come to the hotel where they were staying and Ian got to play with Julian (age 6) and Claire (age 3). I had tried to get Christina, Ian's former teacher from his Manhattan daycare, but she had a girls' night out planned, so she recommended her sister, Alyssa. Alyssa did a great job and managed to get all three kids in bed by 9 pm (they are all very good kids, so it shouldn't have been too much of a surprise). When we came back around midnight, we peeked in the bedroom and Julian and Claire were passed out on the big bed and Ian was sleeping on the extra bed. Surprisingly, he hadn't fallen off the bed at all and there was nothing on any of the four sides to keep him on it. This bodes very well for the transition to the big boy bed.

On Wednesday morning, I had to go to the doctor's for a glucose screen. I had to be there around 8:00, get my blood drawn, drink the nasty sugar drink, then wait an hour and have my blood drawn again. The doctor had encouraged me on my last visit to bring Ian with me to get him involved in the process, so I did. He was so good. He played a little bit with the toys they had in the waiting room, but then I pulled out the sticker books that Julian and Claire gave him and he sat quietly for the rest of the hour. He watched me get my blood drawn twice and was very satisfied with the fact that I got TWO Band-aids. He also heard the baby's heartbeat, but I don't think he really understood what it was so it wasn't quite as exciting for him as the Band-aids.

He was such a good boy. I can't believe he actually sat quietly for the whole appointment.

No comments: