Saturday, July 14, 2007

Lost in translation?

We watched a new show this morning on the V-Me channel, which is a PBS off-shoot that is 100% in Spanish. The show is about a little boy named Dougie. In Spanish, it's pronounced "Doggie". So I asked Ian in Chinese what the boy's name was and he answered, "Go3-go3." (Literally, "doggie".)

By the way, his current favorite book is "Green Eggs and Ham" and this morning he was "reading" it to me. Of course, when I got the video camera, he wouldn't do it again. But he started out "Gween eggs and ham, by Dr. Suess." And he pointed to the words and said, "I am Sam." He was pretty accurate on some of the phrases, which cracked me up ("Say! Could you eat it in the dawk?" (that's "dark" to the rest of us)).

Daddy just left for Manila. Ian didn't even want to say good-bye. Too busy watching "Doggie"!

No comments: