Actually, this should be titled "constipation", but I'm trying to keep the headings "clean". I know I shouldn't write about this for Ian's sake, but hey, that's what parents do, right?
Jenn called me at 5:00 pm yesterday. She always starts the calls with "Ian's OK, but..." He was fine. No accident or fall. He was just constipated. Had been sitting/standing in the book corner with a determined and serious expression on his face. After about 15 minutes of this, Jenn asked if he wanted to go on the potty and he said yes. So she put him on the potty and he sat there "clutching Elmo for dear life" (he had brought his Elmo into school yesterday). After he'd been there long enough for an impression of the toilet seat to redden his little butt, Roslyn (the director) took pity on him and they took him off. Still nothing. So when Jenn called, it had been about half an hour or so of trying. Poor guy. I got to school around 6:40 and he was sitting in the book corner looking serious still. He ran over to me, gave me a hug and told me, "I feel better, Mommy." Roslyn said he still hadn't pooped, though. I asked him if he was ok and he said, "No, I not ok. I feel better." So I don't know exactly what that means. Roslyn asked if she should check his diaper and he immediately said, "NO! Mommy check my diaper." Well, nothing happened, so we went home.
I was getting dinner ready, Jeff was on the phone and Ian was being awfully quiet. I look over and he is standing by the couch with his head laid on the couch, very quiet. I went over to make sure he was ok. Streams of sweat were coming down his face and he looked completely exhausted. I asked if he was ok and he said in a very quiet voice, "I wanna watch Elmo." There was a big lump in his diaper, so the crisis was over. I said we should change his poopy diaper first and he said, "Yah. Change poopies."
Phew!
No comments:
Post a Comment