Yesterday, Ian's sheet said that he asked to go to the potty again and said, "I make poopies!" Which wasn't actually true, but we're applauding him for at least pretending. I asked him if he had gone on the potty and he said, "Yah, Ian go potty. I go poopy!"
He is obsessed with riding on a train right now and kept asking where the choo-choo train was on the way home. I told him the other day that the train had gone home, so yesterday morning he said, "Ian shang4 choo-choo train." ("Ian gets on choo-choo train.") And when I said we'd go look for one just to humor him, he responded, "Choo-choo train shui4 jiao4 le." ("Choo-choo train is sleeping.) That response didn't work on the way home, though. Also, he has to listen to his Spanish children's song CD every day and it MUST start with "Elena La Ballena" (a hint to anyone who comes over: "Elena La Ballena" is #16 on the CD). So he didn't want to get out of the car when we got home and wanted to sit and listen to "La Ballena". Fine. Gave me a chance to unload the car and bring everything inside.
I finally got him out of the car by asking him if he wanted to find the bunnies that sometimes graze in our front yard. No, but he wanted to find the squirrels. That got him out of the car. Took another 5 minutes to get him into the house. Lured him in by telling him Daddy was coming (Daddy was late, so he didn't actually get home until 15 minutes later).
Anyway, before dinner, I told him to wash his hands, but he caught sight of his potty and said, "Ian go potty. Just peepee." He insisted on removing his pants and his diaper and sat. Then he pointed to the toilet and said, "Mommy go potty." Again, nothing actually resulted from his sitting on the potty, but at least he's willing to sit. We washed our hands (because that's what we do after going to the potty) and he was pretty happy about being diaperless, so it took a minute before he calmed down enough for a diaper to put back on him.
Going back to La Ballena for a minute, whenever we eat now, his food is "ballena", "tiburon" or "Nemo" to Daddy and "jing1 yu2", "sha1 yu2" or "Nemo" to me. Depends on size.
It was chilly this morning, so we put Ian's jacket on him (including the fleece lining). He then asked for his hat, his yellow hat. I believe that's his green and yellow striped winter hat with the ear flaps, but I had put that upstairs for the season. The only hat I had downstairs in the hat bin was his beige knit cap with the red edge. He put it on. Soooo cute. Wish I had had the camera ready. Bummer.
No comments:
Post a Comment