Friday, May 04, 2007

Potty update

Apparently while I was in Houston, Ms. Pat told Jeff that Ian had expressed interest in the potty and suggested we bring in a potty seat for him. So I ordered one for him and we got it last night. Ian was very excited when he saw it. "Dat's Ian's potty seat!" And even more excited because "Dat's Winnie Pooh! And Tigger! And Eeyore! And Piglet!" Yup, it's a Winnie the Pooh & Friends potty seat. It's got lovely handles on it (one of the product reviews from a mom said that the handles were very helpful for her son for balance and going #2) and a splashguard. He lost interest about 2 seconds later. He was excited to show it to Ms. Pat this morning, but quickly lost interest after identifying all the characters. Sera, who showed me her new underpants (she wasn't wearing them yet -- they were in her backpack) as soon as I walked into the classroom this morning, was more excited about it than Ian. Sera has recently achieved underpants status, so she was duly impressed by the upgrade in Ian's status.

The twins, Fiona and Caoilinn (pronounced "Kay-lin"), were not as impressed, but they did crowd in for a closer look at the potty seat. They're only 18 months old and don't even talk yet. They're still mastering the art of walking. But I did get a hug from Caoilinn. (By the way, the twins may have Gaelic names, but they're Chinese.)

I'm skeptical about Ian's actual use of the potty seat, but hey, if it gets him near the toilet, great.

No comments: