Sunday, March 11, 2007

We went to the park today and I tried to draw a Mickey Mouse for Ian. He's really into Mickey Mouse these days. So I drew something with big ears and I said, "Ian, is that Mickey Mouse?" and he looked at it and said, "No." Well, kids are definitely the most honest critics. He made a couple of changes according to his artistic sensibilities:
Ian was very excited about the buses Daddy was drawing for him and he went and stood in each of them. He was jumping up and down and I managed to catch him in mid-air:Actually, I drew that particular bus. Jeff's bus (behind him) is much more detailed. Jeff also drew the dog.

I don't remember what he was saying, but clearly it was very important and engrossing:We went on the slide and he seems to have regressed a bit. He wanted to hold Daddy's or Mommy's hand while he walked over the suspension bridge. Then he wanted Mommy to go with him and go down the slide together. He slipped on his way up the steps and I asked him, "Are you OK?" He said in a very determined voice, "I OK, Mommy." Then he looked over at Jeff and yelled, "Ian OK, Daddy!"
I will leave you with another rendering of a "DA bus". It really was pretty big. He was sitting down and drawing around himself. Some might say it's a hippopotamus, we say it's a bus.

No comments: