Wednesday, November 29, 2006
The Christmas tree is up!
On Saturday morning, we went to buy our Christmas tree and wreath. This year, we went with a slightly smaller tree (about 7 ft.) because we originally weren't going to put up a tree at all since we'll be in Florida. But we couldn't resist and this is the first year that Ian will really enjoy it and understand, so we got a nice Fraser fir and Jeff spent the afternoon stringing up lights on the bushes outside and putting up the tree. He also put colored lights on the stairway banister. When Ian saw them the next night, he was fascinated. We said "Christmas tree" and Jeff told him that the lights were "Christmas lights". So on Monday, when Ian and I got home, Ian said, "Dennis Lee." I wasn't sure why he said that at first, but then I realized he saw the Christmas tree through the French doors and was saying "Christmas tree". And when we got inside and the stairway lights were on, he said, "Dennis den!" I didn't realize Jeff had mentioned Christmas lights to him, so I was pretty impressed that he made the connection (I just think the kid's a genius, but that's my right as a parent).
No comments:
Post a Comment