Sunday, October 29, 2006

Daylight savings time has come around again. Ian has been waking up this past week either at 7:45 or at 6:30, so I was hoping he'd stick to the 7:45 when the clocks were turned back last night, then it would only be 6:45. No such luck, of course. This morning, he woke up at what would have been 6:40 yesterday morning, but is of course, 5:40 as of today. This after not falling asleep until after 10:00. I put him down around 9:00 and all was well. I could hear him talking to himself, mostly about "baxi" (taxi) and "bero" (bombero). At one point, I heard, "Bye, baxi! Bye, bero!, Bye, avi! Bye, jing cha che!" He was singing songs, then saying, "Yay! Again?" and singing again. Around 9:40, it seemed pretty quiet, so I thought he was out. Then at 10:00, I heard what sounded like a whimper, but he didn't actually cry. Instead, he very loudly and clearly said, "Where are you, Mommy? Where are you?" Then all was quiet and he was really asleep.

This morning, he came into bed with me and had his bottle. Then he finished, handed it to me, and turned and put his hand on my cheek, then on my neck and hugged me to him. As he was hugging my neck with his face up to mine, he started singing in a whisper, "Oppy burday do oo, oppy burday do oo, oppy burday dee Mommy, oppy burday do oo. Yay. Mo. Oppy burday do oo..." Translation of that is that he was singing "Happy Birthday", gave himself a "yay" and asked for more and started singing it again. After lying there quietly for a little while, he started singing in a whisper again: "I la oo, oo la me, wah wah wah wah wah wah wah..." The "I love you song". Then it escalated to talking to himself out loud -- very loudly. So that was the end of trying to get more sleep.

We just had breakfast. He had half of an English muffin -- the bigger half, of course. I tried to give him the smaller one, but he didn't want that. And he wanted to drink agua out of his da sippy cup, not the baby sippy cup.

We'll be heading into the city later to have brunch with friends, so he's just in a shirt and diaper right now so he can't make a mess of himself before we go.

No comments: