Monday, April 24, 2006

Vocabulary and binky update

Ian said the word "puzzle" on Friday. He loves puzzles. He has some wooden ones at home that he loves playing with, especially the piece with the puppy on it. He always goes for it and says, "Wo wo wo." At school, there is a similar puzzle, but bigger than the ones he has at home and he always goes right for it when he gets to school. So he was playing with it when I went to get him on Friday and he said, "Pa-zoo."

He also says thank you when you give him things. You have to know what to listen for. It sounds kind of like "ah oo" and sometimes it's a little clearer than that. Whenever we ask him to say "gracias" or "xie xie", we get "ah oo". He knows they both mean thank you!

When he wants something, usually food, and I say, "What do you say?", he says, "Bee bee bee!", which translates to "Please! Please! Please!"

He also says "peek-a-boo", or in Ian-speak: "bee-da-doo".

I think he also tries to say "strawberry", which sometimes comes out like "baw bee".

I forgot to mention that Ian no longer uses his binky. I think it was after Andrea's wedding. Jeff decided that Ian didn't really need it because he never uses it at school. Basically, if Ian sees it, he wants it. So we took them all away that week and he hasn't used any pacifier since. I was feeling sort of sorry about it since he was going to have to transition to a new school, but he hasn't fussed about it and apparently is great at going for his naps at the new school.

No comments: