On Easter Sunday, I made pancakes, eggs and ham for breakfast and we took our time getting ready. Ian hung out in his pajamas and demonstrated his flexibility by biting his toes.
It was so beautiful out that we wanted to spend the day outside, but we didn't know what to do.
Ian relaxed in his swing for a bit while the guys got ready and we pondered what we should do. Go to the Bronx Zoo? Jeff wanted to go to Cooperstown to see the Baseball Hall of Fame, but that's a four-hour drive.
The guys went to gas up the car while I did some research, but we weren't quite ready to go when they got back and Ian was starting to get impatient waiting in the car.I suggested West Point and Bear Mountain, and the boys all agreed, so we spent the afternoon of Easter Sunday at the United States Military Academy at West Point. Coincidentally, I had dressed Ian in his camoflauge sweatjacket. We took a bus tour and it was really nice. I haven't been there since Jing was a plebe. I spent two weeks there the summer I was 16 at an academic program. I just remember the bathrooms were very public -- no doors on the stalls and a room with a bunch of shower heads. Ugh. Not that I had any thoughts of going there, but even if I did, that turned me off pretty quickly.
There's Ian telling Daddy where he wants to go. He seemed to enjoy the tour, too, particularly when we were outside on the grass and he could run free.
This is the chapel. It's so beautiful and perfect for a wedding. Maybe someday we'll be invited to a wedding there...
Ian is thinking, "Man, if I go to West Point they'll make me cut my hair!"

We stopped by Bear Mountain for a little while after the tour ended. Ian played ball with Daddy and Uncle Alex, but instead of throwing it, he would run with the ball and give it to you.
He looks like he's running pretty fast because the wind was pretty strong and it was blowing his hair back. He was running fast for someone with short little legs, though.
It was a fun day and Ian had a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment