But I am getting ahead of myself. Let's first continue where I left off on the last entry.
So we arrive at LaGuardia on Monday morning, picked up our car, and headed to Flushing to meet my mom. We went to lunch at a little place near the Sheraton and Ian only wanted to eat rice. This kid wants to eat food with flavor, but then he loves plain pasta and rice. If you try to put anything on the rice, he doesn't want it.
Anyway, we got home later that afternoon and Ian passed out in the car, of course. My mom and I had to go out to a dinner engagement, so Ian was left on his own with Daddy.
On Tuesday, Jeff took Ian to school while my mom had her meetings. At dinner, Ian once again only wanted plain rice. We hid some fish in the rice and he did eat some of it that way. But he was not happy when we tried to give him anything other than rice (see photo - I'm trying to give him some beef).
That little mouth opens up pretty wide when he wants to. So began a week of not eating anything but white rice, bread and pasta. He was also waking up every morning between 5:00 and 5:30. Ugh.
The binky has also returned with a vengeance. I think he's been teething or something. He was eating so well the week before. I think he stocks up and then spends the next week sleeping. He was very sleepy the whole week (most likely the waking up at 5:00 a.m. caused it) and drooling and sticking his hand in his mouth.On Saturday, he woke up and I forget what it was that he didn't want, but he not only shook his head at me, he also said, "No!" Very clearly, too, I might add. Chalk up another word, although it's not one that we are particularly fond of.
Wai-Po came back to our house on Saturday and spent the day cooking all sorts of goodies for us (are you jealous, Alan & XW???). But she took a break in the afternoon to go to the park. Ian had taken a very early nap because of how early he woke up, so he was just itching to get out of the house. It was a beautiful day, but a bit cold. His expressions now are pretty funny. He learned to frown in the past week and now instead of just staring, he also furrows his brow. He likes walking down the street by himself. Little man, big attitude.
The other night he wouldn't come into the house after Wai-Po took him out of the car. He headed down the driveway towards the garage. He's never been down that way before, so I guess he thought it was interesting. Back to the trip to the park: It's a long walk for short legs, so we carried him to the park. On the way, he gave Wai-Po some besitos. He also thought that Mommy was pretty funny and gave me some kisses and laughed at me.
Another thing he likes to do is bite my nose. If I don't let him and turn my head, he will grab my face with his hands and turn my head to face him and give me a good hard bite on the nose! Then he laughs like it's the funniest thing he's ever seen. He is quite slobbery, so there plenty of Ian juice all over my face when he's finished. Even though he's my kid, it's still pretty gross!
Anyway, at the park, he was really enjoying the slide. He says, "Whee!" when he goes down the slide. He climbed up the steps, but then he wouldn't go all the way up. I think the holes in the floor may have freaked him out a bit.He also enjoyed the swings more than he used to. He used to look kind of scared, but now he really seems to like it. He also says, "Whee!" on the swings. He was running all over the place and took a couple of spills, but he was well padded with his gloves on, so it just slowed him down a bit.
More photos from Wai-Po's visit to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment