Ian woke up this morning at 4:00 a.m. That's because he fell asleep last night on the way home in the car around 7:00 p.m. He wouldn't go back to sleep, so I went to sleep on the floor of his room while he rolled around. He finally fell asleep (after a second bottle) around 6:00 a.m. and I had to wake him up at 8:00 a.m.
He's been clingy at school the past couple of days, but I think he might have another tooth or two coming in. He looks exhausted when I go pick him up, but today he had a 2 and half hour nap. He was yawning while he ate dinner around 7:30 p.m., so we went upstairs and he walked around for a bit in his room, then took a bath and went to bed. He didn't even want to read.
By the way, I have to buy some clippers to cut that hair of his. These are before and after shots of him post-bath. The first one is after I towel-dried his hair, the second is after I combed his hair.
He will also try to comb his hair himself with any utensil -- the comb, a spoon, the lint brush. I tried to catch him "combing" his hair, but this is the best I could do.He is so funny about eating. I usually have a banana, Cheerios, Goldfish crackers and a sippy cup of water in my purse on the train. If he's hungry, when I ask him if he wants any of those and then pull it out, the smile on his face is so enthusiastic. It's like I've offered him the best thing he's ever heard. If he's not hungry, then the head shakes quickly and vehemently, and he pushes whatever it is away onto the floor. When I'm eating something, he always looks very curiously at me. At home, he'll walk over and put his hand on my leg and look up at me and start smacking his lips.
He also knows how to whisper now. When I say "Shhh!" or whisper to him, he'll lower his voice and babble in a whisper. He thinks it's very amusing.
We are supposed to get a blizzard tomorrow afternoon, so we're gearing up for a cozy weekend inside. Jeff will get back just in time to dig us out! (If the worst predictions come true, we'll get 12 inches. Or it could be 3 to 6 inches.)
No comments:
Post a Comment