Saturday, December 10, 2005

Well, we did have a snow day yesterday. Ian woke up around 6:30 am and it didn't look too bad outside, but by 7:30 am, the snow was coming down fast and furious and there was about 3 inches on the ground. It kept snowing and the snow plow didn't come until about 9:30 am, so there was no way I was going out there to dig out the car, get Ian in there and then go skidding down to the train station. So we had a lovely day at home waiting for Daddy to get back from Burundi.

He took an early nap in the morning on our bed and he was all rolled up in my blanket.

Friday was also the first day Ian used his new sippy cup and he loved it! He took to it right away, although he does like to drink from the spout from the opposite side. He was sitting in the playpen with his sippy cup while we were listening to Christmas music and it was suddenly very still and quiet, which usually means he's up to no good. So I looked over and he was very quietly sitting and watching the TV screen and "Jingle Bells" was playing. I have been singing that to him almost every day in the car. Sometimes he gets cranky in the car and starts to cry, so we have to sing to him. If you stop singing, he starts crying again. The music teacher at school also sings it to the kids, so I think he recognizes it. Anyway, he was sitting in the playpen listening to "Jingle Bells" and drinking water from the sippy cup with only one sock on. I have a video, but I'm having trouble loading it, so it will have to wait until later.

Jeff got home around 2:30 pm and Ian showed off his new walking skills (he can get about halfway across the room). We were just playing around and I pretended I was crying. Ian stared at me, then the little bottom lip turned down and started to quiver and he was crying! Poor little guy. He squeezed out a couple of tears and seemed quite heartbroken.

Ian also got a birthday present yesterday from Alex and Hilary. Here he is trying to open the card:

Today we went to Ikea in Paramus and then had lunch at McDonald's with Kai-yi Po and Kai-yi Gong. Ian had FOUR McNuggets (with the fried part taken off). Then we went to visit Helen and Rick's new house before going to dinner at Cary and Julia's house. Ian had fun pushing little Sidney's toys around the floor and walking on the nice carpeted family room floor.

We got to see Eug and Tania and their little guy Emmett. Emmett is exactly 2 months younger than Ian, but he is such a little peanut! Here he is with Ian and Casey (Cary and Julia's oldest).

No comments: