Friday, June 19, 2009

How come Daddy is bigger than you?

After the big blowout weekend celebration for my birthday, we had a very low-key celebration of Jeff's birthday. I made dinner and bought a Carvel cake. I picked up the kids from school and took them to get the cake. As we're waiting to pay, Ian asked me, "How old is Daddy?" I told him that Daddy was turning 38. Ian turned to me and very loudly stated, "But YOU'RE 40! How come Daddy is bigger than you?" *sigh*

I bought some balloons and blew them up and tied them in bunches to chairs in the kitchen. When the kids got home and saw them, they screeched in delight and promptly started batting them and punching them. It was a lot of entertainment for a mere $1.89.

Since it was such a nice day, we ate outside on the deck:
From 2009-05-15 Jeff's birthday

The present was from Alan and Xiao-Wei (thanks, guys!) and the hand-drawn card on top was from Ian.

After dinner, it was time for ice cream cake. Ian gave me a fake smile:


I took so long taking pictures that the smile turned into this:


But he got his smile back for this picture:

No comments: