That's what he's been telling me the past couple of days. He said, "Mommy, one day I will be married." And he told me again last night when he got out of the bathtub.
Ian: "Mommy, someday I will be married."
Me: "Really? When?"
Ian: "When I am very much bigger."
Me: "Who will you marry?"
Ian: "I don't know."
Me: "No idea? Are you sure?"
Ian: "I will marry a girl that I like."
Me: "Excellent."
Later, Jeff told me that when they were coming back from Florida, Ian asked why we keep going to Florida and Taiwan. Jeff explained that Daddy's mommy and daddy live in Florida and Mommy's mommy and daddy live in Taiwan, but because Mommy and Daddy are married, we don't live with our mommies and daddies anymore. He added that someday Ian would be married, too. Jeff thinks he really blew Ian's mind with that concept. Ian hasn't stopped mentioning it since he's been home. Jeff also told him that he would marry a girl that he liked, so Ian took that to heart as well. Hee hee!
In the meantime, no girl can take the place of his dinosaurs. He was playing with his giant T-rex. We learned from one of the VCDs he got from Auntie Joey in Taiwan that the mommy T-rex is bigger than the daddy T-rex, so this T-rex is always a mommy T-rex now. A loving, nurturing mommy T-rex.
Sunday was such a beautiful day. Jeff asked Ian if he wanted to go to the park and hit some golf balls. Ian was very excited and it motivated him to eat his lunch. He likes trying to hit the ball "very far", but I don't think Tiger Woods has anything to worry about and maybe we should get him into field hockey instead...
No comments:
Post a Comment