Well, as of Monday night, Ian is officially afraid of the dark. A few months ago, he didn't even want a night light on. But I guess he's getting to the stage where his imagination is running a little more wild. As I was putting him to bed on Monday and turning out the light, he told me that he is afraid of his room because it is dark.
Ian: "I never get to sleep with you. I want to sleep in your bed."
Me: "No, Ian, there's nothing to be afraid of. You have so many animals here to keep you company."
Ian: "But they are not REAL!"
Can't fool him. For a while, he would ask for a "sleeping toy" and pick one or two to sleep with him in bed (the rest sit on his bookshelf above his bed). Lately it's been Puppy and Ian Bear (a bear that wears a shirt with "Ian" embroidered on it). Somehow, Ian Bear winds up shirtless in the morning. Ian is just as puzzled as I am when Ian Bear loses his shirt. "I don't know why he always takes his shirt off."
I think it was Sunday night that he had a conversation with Jeff about how big he's getting. He told Jeff that he is getting so big that soon he'll be too big for his bed and he'll need to sleep in Mommy and Daddy's big bed. "Mommy can sleep on the left, I will sleep in the middle and you can sleep on the right." Alternatively, "me and Mommy can sleep in the big bed." Or "me and you (Daddy) can sleep in the big bed." Or "you and Mommy can sleep in the big bed." So we are back to square one.
He also suddenly had a flashback to when he was sleeping in his crib. He said to me on Monday and to Jeff yesterday, "Remember when I was little and I was sleeping in my crib and I threw up a lot of rice and you and Daddy came into my room? Remember?" That did happen once.
One more funny Ian conversation. Every morning he goes pee pee in the potty, so as I'm helping him, he says, "Last night, when I was going poopy on the potty, I saw a spider. And Daddy took toilet paper and picked up the spider and flushed it down the toilet. And it was like, 'Ahhh! I'm being flushed! I'm being flushed!'"
1 comment:
Haha, how does Ian Bear lose his shirt?? Sounds like a case for Encyclopedia Brown. (did you ever read those stories? Fantastic stuff.)
Post a Comment