Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ian's birthday cupcakes at school

Since Ian's actual birthday fell on Monday, I brought cupcakes into school the next day (hey, it's not like I had a job at the time). I tried out something I saw in a magazine -- using ice cream cones instead of cupcake liners. I figured this way, the kids would be a bit neater and plus it was kind of cool looking. Then when I was in the supermarket getting icing and sprinkles (because Ian likes it the way his daddy does - vanilla with colored sprinkles), I came upon dinosaur-shaped colored sprinkles! Can you believe it? Man, you can by ANYTHING at the supermarket!

They were a hit, but they only got to eat them after I read two birthday books to the class. Here are the pictures of the kids enjoying the fruits of my labor, plus an extra bonus of how Lia looked when I went to pick her up:

No comments: