Friday, July 11, 2008

Just remembered...

This is a good one from Sir Ian that I forgot to include before. I think this exchange occurred sometime last week. As background, Ian has not only mastered the whole potty thing, he has also mastered peeing standing up. (Just as necessity is the mother of invention, it too is the mother of getting your boy to pee standing up. When we to the zoo on Father's Day, the bathroom was filthy and I begged Jeff to finally teach his son how to pee standing up. Isn't that the biggest advantage of being a boy? You can go anywhere, anytime.)

After arriving home from school:
Ian: "Mommy, I need to go pee pee."
Me: "Great! Let's go."
Ian: "I want to go in the big potty!"
Ian pees standing up
Me: "Good job! Let's wash our hands."
Ian: "But Mommy, I didn't hold my penny so I don't need to wash my hands!"

He's going to hate me when he's a teenager...

****************************

Yesterday, the kids put on some sort of show and the were all different animals. Ian, of course, refused to participate in the first two shows, so Gina let him be the ticket taker. He was being all pouty, so Gina asked him if he wanted to be a lion or an elephant. He said he wanted to be a lion because he wanted to roar, so she quickly painted a paper plate orange, cut out eyes and drew a nose, mouth and whiskers. Ian loved it and wore the mask the rest of the afternoon. We took it home with us and he wanted to put it on as we walked out of school. He had it on the whole way to the car and he warned me as I buckled him in, "Don't get my lion mask dirty, Mommy." Then I gave him his Elmo juice (this is a routine now) and he said, "I will take my mask off because there is no hole for my nose and my mouth."

When we got home, Daddy pulled in at the same time, so I told him to put on the mask to show Daddy. Daddy asked him in Spanish, "Where's Ian? I see a lion!" Ian pointed to the top of his head and answered (in Spanish), "Daddy, this is Ian's hair!"

He wore the mask up until dinner time and then before going to bed:

No comments: