Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Culinary talent

Over the weekend, Jeff grilled some fabulous steaks. Ian chowed down on steak, asparagus and strawberries. My cooking efforts over the weekend extended to making eggs and Taylor ham on Saturday for all of us and some toast on Sunday morning for Ian (Daddy slept in a little). Halfway through his toast, he said, "Mommy, you're a a great cooker!" and gave me a big grin. When we were having our steaks, I asked Ian if Daddy was a good cook and he said, "No, just Mommy." My toast was AWESOME! Then he said, "Only mommies can be good cookers." OH NO HE DID NOT SAY THAT! Who is filling his head with these gender-biased ideas? Daddy and I told him that it wasn't true because Daddy cooks steaks and they're delicious. Ian refused to budge on his position. We explained that mommies and daddies can both cook and we take turns. I don't think he's accepted it completely yet, but he didn't reject it.

No comments: