Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Exclamation point!
A while ago, we were reading one night and Ian was naming all the letters in a word and then pointed to the "!" at the end of it and asked me what it was. I told him it was an exclamation point and that we use it when we want to say something very loud. That must have been a month or two ago. I don't know if they covered that in school or what, but the other night he was doing an Elmo drawing (it's a great invention -- you use a water-filled pen on the picture and the colors come out; when it dries, the colors disappear and you can "color" it again) and the title was "Time for school!" He identified all of the letters and the exclamation point, then asked me what it said. I told him, "It says 'Time for school'." He looked up at me and said, "No, it says, 'TIME FOR SCHOOL!'" Excellent use of the exclamation point!
No comments:
Post a Comment