I don't really have anything to say. I just love this photo of Ian and Lia.
*******************************
Ian has been talking up a storm these days. He tells me "Mommy, when you have to go pee pee in the potty you have to tell Ian." He also told me that "When you have chicken in your mouth, you should not talk." And also "When you are finished eating, you need to say, 'Ian, may I be excused?'" We really have to watch what we say because he parrots everything right back to us. For example, one morning he told Wai Po that he didn't want to put on his seat belt and Wai Po told him that if he didn't wear a seat belt, the police would stop the car. So I went to pick him up from school and as I'm buckling him in, he says, "If you don't wear a seat belt, the police will say, 'Oh! Boy! Ni3 mei2 you3 bong3 seatbelt!'" (you're not wearing a seatbelt), and he said it in exactly the tone of voice Wai Po would have said it.
******************************
I don't think I mentioned that Ian calls his boy bits his "penny". As in "I went pee pee in the potty and now I have to wipe my penny!"
And after watching me nurse Lia a couple of times, when she cried he told me, "Mommy, you need to open your belly button and give Lia some milk!"
His most favorite thing to say now is that Lia can't eat pizza/drink juice/eat yogurt/talk (fill in the blank with whatever you can think of) because "ta1 mei2 you3 ya2 tzi3" or "because she has no teeth".
*******************************
Ian is constantly worried that we will forget Lia somewhere. When we went to visit his new cousin Dylan, Ian looked at all the baby stuff in Dylan's room and asked if it was for Lia. I told him no, that this was for baby Dylan. "Why?" Because it's his. "No, it's for baby Lia!" And when we were getting ready to go, he was very concerned that we would forget Lia there and kept reminding us "Don't forget baby Lia!"
On Monday, I brought Lia with me when I went to pick Ian up from school. I asked Ian if it would be ok to bring her into his classroom. He said yes, so I brought her in in her carseat. One of his little friends came right up to Lia and started to peer into the carseat. Ian immediately stepped in and blocked her from the carseat, loudly commanding, "DON'T TOUCH THE BABY!" He grabbed the carseat handle and started to tug the seat away from his friend. "C'mon, Mommy, let's go home!" he said urgently. So I put his coat on and turned to get his stuff and he very anxiously said, "Don't forget the baby!" He kept tugging on my coat, never letting go of Lia's carseat, "C'mon, Mommy, LET'S GO!"
No comments:
Post a Comment