On Wednesday evening, Yu-an Yi, a.k.a. Liz, came to visit. She was going into NYC for a weekend with her high school friends and rather than have to find parking in the city, she parked her car at our place, spent the night and went into the city with Jeff the next morning. Ever since she and Adam came in September, every time we talk about Ian's dump truck, he says that Uncle Adam gave it to him and I remind him that Uncle Adam AND Yu-an Yi gave it to him together. So I told him that Yu-an Yi was coming on Wednesday and he asked, "And Uncle Adam, too?" Not this time. "Oh."
But he was very happy to see Yu-an Yi and we went out to dinner. He flirted with her across the table. The next morning, she went with Jeff to the train station, so Ian said, "Daddy qu4 shang4 ban1 le. Daddy zhuo4 huo3 che1 qu4 shang4 ban1. Yu-an Yi ye3 qu4 zhuo4 huo3 che. Yu-an Yi qu4 shang4 ban1?" (Daddy is going to work. Daddy takes the train to work. Yu-an Yi also is going on the train. Is Yu-an Yi going to work?") I told him that Yu-an Yi was going to go see her friends. "Oh. Yu-an Yi de peng2 you3 shi4 shei2?" (Who are Yu-an Yi's friends?) Such a nosy kid. I told him I didn't know and that he could ask her when she came back. Then he asked, "Yu-an Yi jiao4 she3 me ming2 zi?" (What is Yu-an Yi's name?) I told him it's Liz. "Liz. Liz. Sounds like LIZARD! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"
No comments:
Post a Comment