The last week or so he has been my little enforcer. Like on Friday night. We went out to dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant, but Ian and I got there first. Jeff stopped at home and was talking to our contractor before joining us, so I ordered for him and he arrived just as the bread basket did. He gave us both a kiss and then said he had to go wash his hands and went to the restroom. When he got back, I said that I had to go because I'd been waiting for him to get to the restaurant so I could go (yes, the second trimester has kicked in). Apparently, as soon as I left the table, Ian reprimanded Daddy, saying, "No, Daddy, it's Mommy's turn!"
Tonight, we had tacos for dinner (it was a scorcher out there today and we just didn't have the energy for anything elaborate). Jeff made Ian a taco and in a very ambitious move, tried to get him to eat it. Ian loved the cheese (we used smoked Gouda instead of cheddar because we forgot to get cheddar) and the taco shell, but wasn't keen on eating the whole thing at once. He gingerly took a bite out of the top of the taco. Jeff demonstrated how to eat it and as the taco crumbled and fell on the plate, Ian exclaimed, "Oh no! It's broken!" Jeff shoved the crumbling last third of the taco into his mouth and Ian promptly scolded, "No, it's too big, Daddy. It's too big." (Ian is often told not to shove an entire piece of food into his mouth.) Then we had strawberries and Daddy made the mistake of putting an entire strawberry in his mouth. Ian again had to remind him of his table manners. "No, Daddy, too much." Jeff took another strawberry and took a small bite and Ian nodded in approval. "Good, Daddy!"
No comments:
Post a Comment