Ian woke up screaming his head off at 5:30 this morning. He only did that one other time during these past two weeks, thank goodness. He must have had a bad dream. The other time he did it was sometime last week and it was around 1:00 a.m. He just needed a diaper change and some comforting and he fell right back asleep. This time, he need a diaper change, comforting and a bottle. I went in to wake him up at 8:10 (running very late this morning) and I opened the curtains first. I heard him mumble something, so I asked him what he said. He mumbled it again, so I went over to the crib and his eyes were still closed and he said, "I wanna sing da muffin man." So I had to sing "Do you know the muffin man?" For those of you who don't know the lyrics:
Do you know the muffin man,
The muffin man, the muffin man?
Do you know the muffin man
Who lives on Drury Lane?
Of course, because we don't eat muffins as often as we do certain other breakfast items, we also sing "Do you know the bagel man who lives on Ian's lane?" This morning we sang about the muffin man, the bagel man and the pizza man, and then Ian did a solo of rendition of "Do you know the rocket man?"
It got us off to a nice start this morning. He was especially cooperative because he got to wear the Cars t-shirt that Jiu Ma gave him.
************
Last night after dinner, he worked himself up into a sweat dancing. The fuzzy duck that Kai Yi Po gave him 2 Christmases ago sings "Lollipop" when you press its foot. It's a yellow duck with green overalls with white polka dots holding a green and white lollipop. However, at the end of the song, it says, "Don't forget to be good. It's Christmas!"
Anyway, he wanted me to push the foot and as soon as the music started, he started jumping around the family room. "Mommy, dance!" I think we played that song at least 6 or 7 times. And he's gamely trying to sing the song, but he doesn't know the words. He just mumbled something and the only clear word was lollipop. At the phrase "Lollipop is mine", he would very loudly sing "yours" instead of "mine". He still gets a little bit confused between the two, but he usually gets it right.
My Wai Po called in the middle of these festivities, so he sang and danced for her as well.
************
On Wednesday night we were looking at pictures from our trip to California (after looking at pictures of Ian and Daddy riding on a camel) and I showed him the one of him in the cardboard cutout of an astronaut. Right away he said, "Tai4 kong1 ren2!" (astronaut) I can't believe he remembered that because we haven't talked about astronauts since we were in California at the end of May!
Then we were looking at pictures of Ian on the fire engine when we were in Florida. After looking at most of them, he turned and said, "Ian mei2 you3 zhuo4 huang2 de jiu4 huo3 che1. Ian zhuo4 hong2 de jiu4 huo3 che1." ("Ian's not sitting on a yellow fire engine. Ian's sitting on a red fire engine.")
************
Over the past month or so, Ian has pretended to blow his nose into a tissue. He blows raspberries with his mouth while holding a tissue to his nose. He thinks it's really funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment