Friday, April 27, 2007

Update on music

I'm still in Houston, but I have a break, so I just thought I'd update you on a few more of Ian's musical selections. He seems to enjoy Janet Jackson and Debbie Harry. But his favorite song right now is on his Canticuentos album: "Elena la ballena" (Elena the whale). He asks for it when we're in the Maxima (Daddy's car) and he asked for it over and over and over and over and over on our drive down to Delaware. "La ballena!" I was driving the Maxima last week and when I turned off the engine, he screamed like I had just taken away his bottle or his favorite toy. He will repeat words that he recognizes in the songs, like animal names.

He also likes listening to Chinese songs on one of the CDs that came with the Chinese books Wai Po brought. We read the books while listening to the CD before going to sleep sometimes, but he sometimes gets impatient and turns the pages before the song is over. He also likes to skip to "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Where are my friends?", which is also Jeff's favorite song because he knows all the words.

I've been in Houston since Wednesday, so I haven't seen Ian since Tuesday night and I won't get home til late tonight. That's probably the longest I've EVER been away from him. But he and Daddy left me a great voicemail message last night and we've spoken on the phone before bedtime every night.

No comments: