Last night on the ride home, we were running through our list of family members again (apparently, the only people who work are Jiu Jiu and Daddy -- Tia, Dennis, Jiu Ma, Abuelita, Grandpa, Lao Lao (my maternal grandmother), Lao Nai Nai (my paternal grandmother), Kai Yi Po, Wai Po, Wai Gong, cousin Carolyn and cousin Peter all do not work). When I said that Abuelita is in Florida, he asked, "Grandpa ne1?" and was satisfied to hear that both Grandpa and Abuelita are in Florida, but clarified that neither of them were at work. When I agreed with him that Kai Yi Po was not at work, he then asked me, "Kai Yi Po zai4 zuo4 she3 me?" ("What is Kai Yi Po doing?"), which cracked me up.
Then we went through the list of all of the animals. Most of the ones that Abuelita gave him were "taking a bath" ("zai4 xi3 zhao3"), Elmo was in his room, and Puppy was in his room. I asked him if Puppy was sleeping and he said, "No, Puppy zai4 zhuo1 zi shang4." ("Puppy is on the table.") I checked when we got home, and indeed, Puppy was not in Ian's bed, but on the bookshelf next to his bed.
Then he suddenly said that he wanted to go see Thomas and Alex. We went to their house a couple of times over the past month and he just loves their extensive toy car collection and the boys are always so great with him, especially Thomas. I think it made Alex a little jealous the last time we were there because Thomas was always thinking of Ian and giving him things.
Anyway, I told Ian that he had to ask Daddy if we could go see Thomas and Alex. He said, "OK" and stopped asking. Then he said, "Wai Po Wai Gong lai2 kan4 Ian?" ("Wai Po and Wai Gong are coming to see Ian?") I said, "Wai Po lai2 kan4 Ian." "No, Wai Po Wai Gong lai2 kan4 Ian." I guess he wants both of them to come. A few minutes later, we got home, got our stuff out of the car and went into the house, and as soon as he saw Jeff, he said, "Thomas and Alex." So now he remembers things. I honestly did not think he would remember to ask Jeff. I think this brings us to a whole different level of consciousness.
No comments:
Post a Comment