Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Hello again! We have been so busy since Jeff got back from Manila and he's off again this Sunday. We've been cramming in all the family time we can get! Since my last posting, we had dim sum in Flushing with the Lins (two and a half year old Sabrina said, "Hi Ian!, I like you!" when she saw him, which got her dad all worried about Sabrina as a teenager), we went to visit the Moys in their new house and Ian had a great time playing with the boys (ages 6 and 3), we went apple picking with Tia Cindy and Tio Dennis, Ian got another haircut, and we spent a weekend in Manhattan attending a wedding while Ian spent time with Tia and Tio.

Yesterday was portrait day in school and we dressed Ian in a new outfit with his new haircut and we were all set. When I went to pick him up, Roslyn (the director) said, "Bad news. Ian refused to get up on the seat to get his picture taken and had to be carried out screaming." Oy. So no school portrait this year. Roslyn said they'll try again in the spring. On the other hand, he also had music class yesterday and she said he was sitting with his feet up on the window sill and his hands behind his head listening to the teacher sing. And he danced with his girlfriend Ana. They took some pictures, so here is Ian having his first slow dance:


The picture quality is a little grainy, but you can see he's hanging onto Ana for dear life. Ana loves to hug and squeeze him, so he's used to it.

This morning, he was very clingy and cried when I dropped him off. Madison, Taylor and Ana all gathered around to try to comfort him. Taylor and Ana were both trying to hug him, which unfortunately made him cry louder.

Ian is way ahead of his dad in his relationships with girls. I don't think Jeff slow-danced with a girl until he was in high school... And last week, Jeff picked up Ian from school and put his stuff to wash. When I went to fold everything, I pulled out a pair of bright pink underwear, size 2T. Hmmm...

No comments: