Ian had a fun weekend with me, Andrea and Christina while Daddy went to a bachelor party in Montreal (thank goodness it'll be a long, long, long time before Ian's attending any of those). He loves my friend Christina because she is so much fun. He spent a weekend in Westhampton playing on the beach with her. Christina taught music and art and worked on "Blue's Clues" for many years and is now involved in another "Blue" show, so she knows how to win over little people. When I whispered, "I love you" when I put Ian to sleep on Saturday night, I heard him whisper, "Tina...Tina..." And on Sunday morning, we played upstairs for a while before we went downstairs and woke up Andrea and Christina and Ian yelled, "Tina!" all the way down the stairs.
We made chocolate chip pancakes and Helen and Natalie came over to join us. Natalie is 5 and when Ian saw her stacking up twigs, he went and stacked a couple himself. But then the boy in him came out and he knocked over her pile.
He is singing the ABC song so clearly. He also sings the "Barney" song ("I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...") pretty well. He loves the magnetic letters that fit into a player thing that plays a song and pronounces the letter sound when you push on the letter. It's like his personal radio. Auntie Eva and cousins Carolyn and Peter gave it to Ian. It came in the box with the letter E in the player, so Ian always ends up with the E in it. I try to put another letter in and I get, "No, no!" He sings the song now: "E says 'ee', E says 'eh', every letter makes a sound, E says 'ee'... and 'eh'!" He loves playing it over and over and over.
He also says "Bless you" sometimes. Over Labor Day weekend, the temperatures fell with the storm coming through, so he was sneezing a lot. I would say "Bless you!" every time and finally he sneezed and I heard him say to himself, "Bless you!" Yesterday, I sneezed and I wasn't really paying attention and I heard a little voice say, "Bless you, Mommy."
And today we went to school and everything was great. Then I get a call at 3:30 that he woke up from his nap and his red eye was very red and there was stuff oozing out. I had noticed some eye boogers in the morning, but just thought it was sleepy dust (although he doesn't usually have any eye boogers). Pink eye! I never got it, but Jeff got it in high school right before prom. Yuck. So the poor little guy has a red eye with a little bit of oozy stuff. The pediatrician prescribed antibiotic eye drops. Yeah, that's a lot of fun. Try putting eye drops in a screaming toddler sometime. So tomorrow Ian gets to stay home with Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment