Friday, September 01, 2006

Our little manipulator

I'm home today with Ian because his school is closed for the long weekend. I managed to get work done because he's been sleeping since around 1:00. OK, so he cried and whined in his crib for about an hour (he fell asleep while I was rocking him, but the minute I put him down...). I had the monitor on while I was working and I could here him alternate between screaming and whining and silence. Then I hear this sad little voice say, "Daddy? Daddy?" Ai ya.

On the other hand, I had a heavenly moment with him a couple of nights ago when I put him down for the night. I was rocking him after his bottle and he was on my shoulder, then he turned his head so his face was up against my neck and we were cheek to cheek. So I whispered in his ear, "I love you." I hear a little whispery voice say, "I la you. I la you. I la you." AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! Too much. So a few minutes later, when I thought he was asleep, I whispered again, "I love you." And again, I hear a little whispered, "I la you." Oh, my heart just can't take this!

No comments: