Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ian loves Anna. Actually, I think it's spelled Ana because her full name is Anarcha. I think she's Indian. When we were watching TV over the weekend, there was an attractive lady who looked Indian in one of the commercials. Ian perked up and yelled, "Ana!"

When we got to school this morning, Sabrina came running over and hugged him. Miss Pat says that the girls fight over him, yelling, "My Ian!" Which is where he has picked up the word "my". He now says "my daddy" and "my nai nai" and "my mommy".

And his latest trick is climbing up on the couch, standing on the edge and looking down so that we get nervous and try to grab him, and then he falls backwards on the couch, laughing. Living on the edge.

He loves the toy animals that Abuelita brought for him. He'll take the bull ("toro!") and cow ("vacha!") and make them touch noses and make a kissing noise. Then he'll take turns with the bull and cow kissing the calf. He also does it with the daddy pig ("nano!") and the baby pig ("baby nano!"). He can say horse in all three languages. He'll pick it up and say "'orse!" (again, no "h" sound), then "ma ma!" and then "ca-bye-yo!"

He was singing at the top of his lungs on the way home today. "Dinkle dinkle imma tah, ha da wahdah ha oo ah.... YAY!!!" Then I sang "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and when I looked in the mirror, I saw him twisting his hands together doing the hand motions for the spider climbing up the waterspout. When I sang "out came the sun", he held his hands over his head.

And we often listen to classical music in the car. When the piece ends, he will usually yell out, "YAY!" and clap.

No comments: