Thursday, June 15, 2006

This one isn't exactly about Ian, but it just cracks me up. To set the scene: after 6 pm, all of the kids who haven't been picked at Ian's school go into his classroom. Usually there are about a half dozen kids in there. So one day last week when I went to pick Ian up, I walk into the classroom and there are 4 or 5 bigger kids there. They were all curious to see whose mommy had come. Ian knew it was me because he saw me getting out of the car through the window and was excitedly yelling, "Mommy! Mommy!" So I scooped him up and gave him a kiss. One of the little girls ran up to me and very proudly announced, "I made TWO poops today!" Not to be outdone, one of the boys came up and said, "I'm a big boy!" as if that would trump two poops. I asked him how old he was and he held up four fingers and yelled, "FOUR!" Yesterday, when I went to pick Ian up, the same little girl announced yet again, "I made TWO poops today!" Life is so basic at that age.

This morning, Miss Pat told me that Sabrina is all over him all the time. I told her that it's nothing new -- lots of women go crazy over him. She said, "Yes indeed. All the girls here AND the teachers!" Our little Casanova.

She also said that yesterday they did an art project where the kids took off their shoes and socks and the teachers painted their feet and had them make footprints. Well, Ian did not like that at all! He kicked Miss Pat and ran to Miss Jenn. Pat said Ian avoided her for a while after that.

I told Pat that this morning before we left Ian went to the far corner of the dining room for a while, then just as I was ready to put his shoes on and go, he pointed to his diaper with this guilty look. Yep, he pooped. So I asked if he was telling them that he was poopy or wet. She said he wasn't, but every day after lunch, like clockwork, he would go over to his cot, stick his butt out and poop. So she thinks he may potty train early. I don't even want to think about it right now...

No comments: