It's been busy this past week. We went to Andrea's wedding last weekend on Long Island and while Jeff and I were at the wedding, Ian spent the day with our Stony Brook and Setauket friends. I will post photos of that later, but suffice it to say that Master Ian struck again and charmed the socks off of everyone. Of course, it did take five adults to change his diaper (one for each leg, one with the diaper, one with the wipes and one to entertain him and try to stop him from screaming), but otherwise, he had a great time and didn't miss us one bit.
And yesterday was a very sad day for Jeff and me. Ian is still oblivious, so in a way that's better, but it was his last day at his school in Manhattan. Pictures of his last day will be posted as soon as I can, but it was everything I could do not to cry all week. I have been in denial about him leaving that school. This morning, he started at his new school in Danbury and Jeff took the day off so he could spend extra time at school with him. Thank goodness, otherwise I would be sitting in my office crying. This has been much harder on Jeff and me and his wonderful teachers, Christina, Tiffany, Adrienn and Christine, I'm sure. Nothing will measure up to the love and attention that they gave him! But hopefully we will keep in touch and have Christina and Tiffany come by and babysit for him (they have both offered free babysitting services and don't think we won't take them up on it!).
That's all for now, but photos will be posted soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment